Webseite Amazon Logistik GmbH
Pipeline to Pathways: Area Manager 2022
Opportunities available in Germany
The position will be located in a fulfilment centre, sort centre, delivery station, or other warehouse environments. Please note that your location preference will be subject to availability and you must be open to relocation as part of the program.
- Shift Pattern Working: You must be open to working in non-traditional shift pattern, which may include nights and weekends.
- Languages: C1+ in German Language + English B2+
Candidates must speak the language of the country to which they apply at a minimum C1 level.
Your career path starts here
At Amazon, we’re working to be Earth’s most customer centric company. To get there, we need exceptionally bright, and hardworking people. We are looking for smart and analytical graduates, who are passionate about operations, to join the Pathways leadership program to become Amazon’s next generation of leaders.
The Pipeline to the Pathways program is designed for those candidates who thrive on driving change, building an organization and leading through others, by giving them a direct management assignment in our Fulfillment, Sort and Delivery network. Ideal candidates are expected to leverage their strong analytical, communication, and thinking big skills.
Start here. Go anywhere
At Amazon, we take pride in hiring and developing the best. We are excited to offer MSc/PhD graduate students the opportunity to launch big careers with limitless possibilities.
Are you looking to become a leader in one of the most recognizable brand names in the world as we distribute over a billion shipments each year to our loyal customers?
Would you enjoy the challenge of delivering a continuously improving customer experience to millions globally?
Do you want an accelerated and formalised career plan that will take you from manager to senior manager to director and beyond, developing your skills and experience from the ground up?
Go further faster
The Pipeline-to-Pathways is a two-year development and career accelerator program that acts as a gateway to the Pathways Operations Leadership Development Program; designed to rapidly develop MSc/PhD graduates with between 1 and 3 years of professional experience, with the skills they need to be able to undertake the Pathways leadership program and scale quickly into senior managers and directors.
Pathways Area Managers will develop leadership skills and gain a deep knowledge of the business through a series of progressively challenging operational assignments across Amazon’s growing supply chain network.
Managers are also expected to be mobile and scale with the growth of the business, lead and develop large teams, solve problems with creative solutions and Deliver Results on behalf of our customers! Full-time roles are available globally.
Through a series of crucible opportunities in the core of our elite operations network, we will stretch your leadership capacity and you will assume progressively more challenging leadership roles, starting as a front-line leader, Area Manager, gaining the experience and skills needed, before moving into the Pathways Operations Manager position and program.
· Manage and coach, a team of approximately 100 associates
· Safeguard and promote Amazon’s Health and Safety standards
· Uphold the highest standards of process quality
· Maintain inventory accuracy
· Strive to improve and streamline processes
· Become a subject matter expert on larger FC processes and activities
· You are currently enrolled in/or have recently graduated from an MSc/PhD University course; and are available for full time work in 2022
· You currently have a minimum of between 1 and 3 years of professional experience.
· Demonstrable decision-making skills, enabling you to use sound reasoning as and when required.
· You are fluent in English and the local language of your requested location, with demonstrably strong oral and written communications
· Previous experience in setting, monitoring and improving KPIs, or similar metrics
· Relevant/Previous experience in an operational, logistics, supply chain, manufacturing or transportation environments or similar
· Successful track record in supporting customers, internally or externally
· Knowledge of lean, six sigma and/or kaizen te
· chniques and methodologies would be advantageous
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.